After Re indexing by code:Resolved field is empty in issue navigator

SuhailM May 1, 2013

Hi,

I use the following code for re indexing issues per project-(as a service)

for (Issue issue : issueList) {
issueIndexManager.reIndex(issue);
}

After this I go to issue navigator and search for issues I see that resolved field comes empty even there is a Resolved Date in the edit issue screen.

The resolved date appears in issue navigator only when i update the issue with some field(say add some comments).

And again when i do re idnexing for this project the resolved date is empty in the navigator screen.

When i do a excel download the reoslved date is empty .

Is there any other alternative how i can solve this?Or should i not re index at all using this code.

I have jira 5.0.3 cant upgrade to 5.2 as we have issues with GreenHopper adoption of new Sprint field.

3 answers

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2013

Hey there again, Mir.

Glad to know that the system reindexing solved the issue on your side.

Warm regards,

Danial

0 votes
SuhailM May 6, 2013

Yes, manual re indexing is not a option has it requires system down time .I cant afford to shut down system has it been used by many users.So was loooking something running background.

However,system re indexing does solve the problem.

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2013

Hey there, Mir.

Have you tried manual reindexing to see if the Resolved field is still empty? Does it occur with every project that you try to search from the Issue Navigator? Can you try to clear off your JIRA indexes / caches by performing the following steps:

1. Shutdown JIRA instance
  2. Delete the contents of JIRA Installation/work directory
  3. Restart JIRA instance
  4. Run the manual reindexing

Not sure whether the problem is actually caused by the code though.

Warm regards,

Danial

Suggest an answer