Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After I've downloaded an artifact, how do I reference it in subsequent tasks?

Stephen Sweeney August 29, 2013

After I've downloaded an artifact, how do I reference it in subsequent tasks?

For example: My build plan creates a war file which I make available as an artifact and give it a name like WAR1. In my deployment plan I download the WAR1 artifact using an Artifact Download task and now want to use that artifact in a ​Deploy to Tomcat​ task. Rather then having to know the exact name of the war file for the ​WAR File​ field, can I do something like %{bamboo.artifact.WAR1} to reference the artifact?

1 answer

0 votes
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2013

Hi Stephen,

After you run Artifact Download task, the artifact should be inside your working directory. If it's inside certain directory, you could just put the relative path to the war file from the working directory.

Hope it helps.

Stephen Sweeney August 29, 2013

I understand that, but what if I've wildcarded the name when creating the artifact (ex. cool-app-*.war) for whatever reason (3rd party app appending version, etc.)? In this case I won't reliably be able to enter the WAR filename for automation, but Bamboo knows the object I'm talking about (the artifact).

Brandon Vulaj August 11, 2014

I know I'm bumping this from the past, but this seems like a *very* common request. Is there a formal request anywhere? It's very disappointing that this isn't offered. Right now I have to use a script to rename my WAR file to something static before deploying.

Stephen Cooper April 23, 2016

Two years later - is this still not available? I'd like to scp an rpm out to the target server and then install it with the ssh command. How can I reference the RPM file in the remote SSH command?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events