@Admins: Reopen question

Markus Lepper
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2011

I unintenionally closed this/my question: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/3711/jira-events-are-specific-events-ovwerwriting-generic-event and now forther comment could not be added.

I just wanted to mark it as solved.

Hmm... Any tips for reopening?

BR, Markus

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2011

Hi Markus,

I think the best way to reopen your question, (and then mark it as solved), would be to earn 120 karma as this would give you extra administration permissions on Answers. Your other option is to find a user with sufficient karma to do it for you, however the FAQs aren't particularly clear about how much karma you need to be able to reopen someone's post for them, so I would suggest you keep earning karma in the community until you're able to administer for yourself. I just gave you a bit of assistance by up-voting a couple of your questions, so just keep asking and answering and you'll build up your karma before you know it.

All the best,

John

Markus Lepper
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2011

Hello John,

thanks for your answer and suggestions. You are right..best would be to earn points being able lateron change it myself.

Thanks for your support in this direction!! ;)

Regards, Markus

J Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2011

@John Inder I've re-opened a question I'd closed but how do I 'mark it as solved'? Do you just mean accept an answer?

Suggest an answer