Adding validator for custom field issue transition

I created a custom field that poses a question, with the "Radio Buttons" providing only two available answers, "Yes", and "No".

How can I add a validator to an issue transition which would only let the issue transition if the response was "Yes"?

Alternatively, is there a better way to do this?  

I tried using regular JQL to define the validator, but it couldn't understand it because it wasn't S-JQL and I'm not that advanced.

Thank you,

1 answer

0 votes

I'm not sure what S-JQL means.  Also, how are you doing this JQL in a validator?  What add-on are you using?

My instinct would be to do it slightly differently - use a condition that says "only if field = yes", but a validator would work on the same basis.

The validator is called "Issue Matches Structure Query", and the S in S-JGL is for Structure.  If used correctly, the issue would need to match the query in order to pass the transition, but my "normal" JQL isn't understood by it.

I would love to use that condition too, but I don't see the option to use one with "only if field = ...".  Is it possible to create custom conditions?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Featured Groups

Are you managing your users efficiently?

Hi everyone, I am Marek, a Senior Product Manager for Crowd   Server and Data Center   here at Atlassian. I would like to spark a discussion about challenges you have with managing use...

97 views 1 3
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you