Adding validator for custom field issue transition

Aaron Larson August 9, 2017

I created a custom field that poses a question, with the "Radio Buttons" providing only two available answers, "Yes", and "No".

How can I add a validator to an issue transition which would only let the issue transition if the response was "Yes"?

Alternatively, is there a better way to do this?  

I tried using regular JQL to define the validator, but it couldn't understand it because it wasn't S-JQL and I'm not that advanced.

Thank you,

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2017

I'm not sure what S-JQL means.  Also, how are you doing this JQL in a validator?  What add-on are you using?

My instinct would be to do it slightly differently - use a condition that says "only if field = yes", but a validator would work on the same basis.

Aaron Larson August 9, 2017

The validator is called "Issue Matches Structure Query", and the S in S-JGL is for Structure.  If used correctly, the issue would need to match the query in order to pass the transition, but my "normal" JQL isn't understood by it.

I would love to use that condition too, but I don't see the option to use one with "only if field = ...".  Is it possible to create custom conditions?

Suggest an answer