Adding users to Confluence and Jira

James Simon November 3, 2013

I set up a trial account and I want to add more users (we're already at our limit). Can you walk me through this? By the way, we like it!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
StevenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2013

Hi James,

You can add more user to JIRA and Confluence even you have reached the license limit. Just following below steps:

1. Main menu -> Administration -> User Management.

2. Enter require fields, then, click on top right Create User button, uncheck Application Access boxes (both JIRA & Confluence) and Create.

3. Then, the new user is created. However, he can not access either JIRA or Confluence as the Application Access license limit has been reached. Just click on Application Access link on the left menu, then you can add / remove those accesses for some users.

By configuring this, you can have more users than the limit number, however, the active user number is always less than or equal to the limit.

Best Regards

Steven

Cindy Kerber Spellman June 28, 2017

Where do you find the main menu? Am an admin, have gone to our dashboard and can only see projects, no main menu

0 votes
StevenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2013

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events