Adding "Original estimate" field to screens (JIRA 3.13)

Desperate for some help. I know we're in the dark ages using JIRA 3.13 Enterprise :-)

I've created a project with all the necessary specific workflows, screens fields, but can't see how I add the time tracking facility. Time tracking is activated for all users. I want to be able to add a time estimate field (and I don't seem to be able to add a sensible one through the admin).

I could revert to adding a numerical field and add the estimate in hours as a workaround, but can't see why I can't add the time tracking fields. Any clues very much appreciated.

5 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

You may have heard the sound of the penny drop. I was looking for "Original estimate" as the field to add. (A bit embarassing, although I felt vindicated when I couldn't find this fact in the help for v3.13 :-)).

Thanks All - much appreciated

Janet Albion Atlassian Team Jul 01, 2013

Glad to hear it is a solved mystery :)

Not sure with your version of JIRA, but we use time.on plug-in.

Thanks very much James. I was hoping to do this is the vanilla system, but will check this out.

Thanks Janet. I've enabled time tracking, and have the correct permissions. The project has custom workflows and screens, and I can't see how to include the original estimate field in these. It isn't apperaring by default.

Pete,

Please make sure to add the "Time Tracking" field to the correct screen used in the Transition's "Transition View".

In addition to that, if you has time spent on the issue, the Original Estimate won't appear as the Remaining Estimate will shows in the screen.

This is JIRA 4.0's guide, but the Transition View should look something like https://confluence.atlassian.com/download/attachments/213525686/workflow-transition.png?version=1&modificationDate=1240007651031&api=v2

The "time tracking" field IS the original estimate - the field has different displays and names depending on where it's being used. You must make sure you have "time tracking" on the screen for "original estimate" to appear.

Hi Pete,

Back in JIRA 3.13.x , the Original Estimate and Remaining Estimate is controlled by the "Time Tracking" field. So, you would need to add the "Time Tracking" field into the screen that you want your user to be able to set the Original Estimate or Remaining Estimate.

But first, you would need to enable the Time Tracking feature via Administrations > Time Tracking .

Good luck.

-Janet

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 4 hours ago in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

31 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you