Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding banner

Bjarte Mohn September 9, 2012

Hi,

I would like to add a banner (at the very top, above the breadcrumbs) of my space. The space is currently set up with "documentatione theme" and I'm unfortunately unable to figure out how to do it (if possible at all). Can somebody advise me?

If it is not possible, are there other ways to acheive a top banner? Would it e.g. be possible in the "global look and feel" theme? I've looked at the html for header and footer of the latter theme, but with limited html experienced I'm unable to figure out exactly where (and how) to modify it.

Cheers, Bjarte

PS: I use version 4.2.8

3 answers

0 votes
Aussupport March 4, 2014

How do we add Image?

0 votes
gerdami September 17, 2012

If you use the standard Documentation theme, you can display a banner or text at the top of every page in this space by entering wiki markup into the second form "Messages Header"

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2012

Hi Bjarte,

I believe you will be able to do this by using Custom HTML, (Browse -> Confluence Admin -> Look and Feel -> Custom HTML), and then add your HTML string in the "At End of HEAD" section and this should allow you to place a custom banner along the top of your instance.

All the best,
John

Bjarte Mohn September 9, 2012

Hi John!

Thanks for your suggestion, I think that would work too, but it would give the same banner to all spaces while I only want it for one of them. Meanwhile I have added an image to the html by using trial and error, and while it seems to work one problem has showed up. The image causes some sort of overflow on the page so that when editing (or adding) a page the save-bar is missing. I'm trying to work out why now, but I'm rather stuck.

Cheers!

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 17, 2012

It's best to hide any modifications using CSS when the page is modified -- gives more room for the editor too.

In your custom html, you could do something like this:.

<style>
	#com-atlassian-confluence.edit .my-custom-stuff { 
		display: none; /* hide from the editor */
	}
</style>
<div class="my-custom-stuff">
	... your stuff here ...
</div>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events