Adding Radio Buttons to Confluence - How?

Is it possible to add radio buttons to a page and/or a template in Confluence?

I'm assuming that it is, but it has to be coded. If that's the case, what would I have to add?

Please bear in mind that I am not a developer.

Cheers,

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello Mick,

What would you like the radio buttons to do? You can add raw html to the page from the html-include macro. The state of the radio buttons would not be remembered from page load to page load. What kindof data are you trying to capture with radio buttons?

Daniel,

thanks. We're not setup to use HTML (isn't that a site-wide change that has security implications?).

Also, I think we'd want the radio button to remember it's previous state.

Cheers.

Mick,

You can use the html macro to embed raw html inside of your Confluence pages. I don't believe that this would have security implications as you are not allowing anonymous users to insert arbitrary bits of html. Use of the macro would be restricted to the user population you have set up in Confluence.

What data are you trying to capture with the radio button? I agree that they would be a bit useless without the ability to remember their state. My purpose in asking this first question is to determine if there is a plugin in our marketplace or built into Confluence already that has the functionality you need. If there is such a thing I would like to direct you at that rather than trying to build a custom solution.

Please let us know what you are trying to get out of Confluence and we are more than happy to try to point you at the right tool.

Daniel,

Thay's great, thanks for the info and clarification. I have to talk to the person who wants the radio buttons about the permanancy and what they are trying to achieve and get back to you.

I was assuming that there was nothing already built in as I couldn't find anything in Insert/Other Macros. But if there is, great. We're happy to use external plugins, but are often unhappy with the cost of doing so. We have a 2k person licence and are reluctanct to pay to get a licence for 2k people when only a handful will use the functionality.

Cheers

Hello,

My team looks for having radio button too (this is what lead me to this page :))

The purpose is: indicate on a page accessible to all our customers who is the the active Point of Contact within the team. We are rotating this role amongs us, sometimes multiple times in the day, and a radio button would be faster than editing the page each time to change the name.

Hello,

My team looks for having radio button too (this is what lead me to this page :))

The purpose is: indicate on a page accessible to all our customers who is the the active Point of Contact within the team. We are rotating this role amongs us, sometimes muliple times in the day, and a radio button would be faster than editing the page each time to change the name.

Try typing [ followed by ] while in editor. I don't know since what version this works...

Thanks Michiel. Unfortunately this includes a task (at least in 5.5.3), which can be basically used as a check box, but not a radio button. Anyway it can be a workarround for our purpose. Nice idea.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in United States

Local Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th

We're looking for participants for another workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sh...

46 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you