Adding LDAP groups to already imported users

Mikkel Kragelund Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2012

Hey All

I have a question regarding JIRA/LDAP sync. We have a Active Directory, where all users are stored. All users have already been imported into JIRA, but now we want to add some group structure in the AD. After these groups have been created and users have been added, the groups should be created in JIRA, by the LDAP sync and the already created jira users, should be added to the newly created group.

I thought this was as simple as adding the groups in AD, populating then, and then the jira/AD sync would do the rest. But this dosen't seem to be the case. Anyown knows what can cause this problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2012

Hi Mikkel,

Seems like you have some problems with the incremental sync. I'd advise you to get in touch with Atlassian Support creating a ticket on support.atlassian.com.

You can try forcing a full sync as a workaround for this.

To do this, disable the User Directory, enable it back and synchronize.

Hope this helps,

Marcus Silveira

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events