It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Add the URL variable (document.URL) to a Bonfire URL field

Since my last update to jira 5.0.6 and bonfire 2.2.3 I can't set the url variable (document.URL) in my customfield which is a URL Field.

In the previuse version of jira (5.0.1) und bonfire (2.1) that was possible.

How can I make a custom Field take a variable like the document.URL and transform it to the actual URL.

2 answers

Same problem here with bonfire 2.2.3

In Bonfire 2.2.1 a change was made to variables so that they were no longer evaluated at the time a template is used, instead they are evaluated at issue creation time.

We referred to this as "Dynamic variables on the fly" in our release notes, but the main things to note about this change are:

1. The variable placeholder text still shows in the create issue form, where previously the result would be shown.
  2. Variables can be used at any point during issue creation and are no longer restricted to just templates.

Fixed with bonfire version 2.5.3

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Off-topic

Friday Fun: Virtual dance party!

Do dance parties help you relieve stress? How about *virtual dance parties*? My team holds virtual dance parties to brighten the mood of a tough day or celebrate an upcoming weekend.  Want t...

71 views 7 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you