Add assign button to a workflow

Jeffery Cheong January 1, 2013

We have a user that does not have the button to assign his calls in the INFRASTRUCTURE project to others. He has the button in other projects.

Can you please assist?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2013

Hi Jeffery

If I am not wrong, the user is not able to Assign the issues under this project to any other user. You need to grant this user, the permission called Assign Issues under the INFRASTRUCTURE project permission scheme.

Browse project INFRASTRUCUTRE.

• Edit the Permissions for the above project.
  • Under Assign Issues, click 'Add'
  • Check the Radio button 'Single User', and start typing the users name.
  • Click Add

The user will now be able to see Assign button for the issues under the INFRASTRUCUTRE project.

Refer this link to check the different permissions for a project.

Hope this helps you!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2013

This is probably not the best way to do it - what you really should do is use roles (or groups, or other methods) to grant the permission to the user. The principle is correct - your user is missing a permission, but adding a user to a permission scheme is blunt, unwieldy and unfriendly. For a start, if you do it this way, if the scheme is used by any other project, then they'll get assign rights in there and that could be utterly wrong.

Your best bet is to compare their groups and roles with another user who can use the assign option. I expect you'll find differences in roles.

Jeffery Cheong January 2, 2013

Thanks guys, I've found and added the group which the users are in.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events