Activy Stream loading too slow in JIRA 4.4.5

Harish April 4, 2013

after we login to JIRA all the gadgets are loading except the Activity Steam in the dashboard. It takes a whole minute to load.

Also when we open a Issue the Activity log also takes a minute to laod.

1 answer

0 votes
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2013

Hi Harish,

By default, activity stream gadget will collect all data and show in your dashboard. However, you can check the following information to prevent the loading slow happen in your system:

1. May I know are you running any other application in the same server? If yes, please try to configure the direct connection between other application with JIRA since both of them in same server.
  2. When user have a large application data, it would trigger the performance problem. So basically, currently you may Apply Filter in activity stream to prevent this problem to be happen. Please add multiple activity stream with their own application activity stream gadget and differentiate with their own unique name.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

John Chin

Harish April 7, 2013

Hi John Chin Kim,

Thanks for the response.

We do not have any other application running on the same server where Jira is installed.

The activity stream gadget is workign fine in the Development environment ( which we are suing as the Prod env currently). We have recently created a new Prod evn and installed and configured Jira in the new Prod env.

We have imported/exported the backup XML file from the Dev env to the Prod env after which we find this performance issue. The activity stream takes long time to load rather it keeps continously loading only.

Please let me know if there are any other considerations.

I have also verified that the Base URL is same as the URL used for logging in to Jira.

Thanks, Harish.

Suggest an answer