Active Directory and on-demand

jnus February 10, 2013

Hi

Is it possible to integrate our on-demand JIRA+Confluence instance with our Active Directory?

Thanks in advance.

8 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2013

Hi Jasper,

Unfortunately no. As per our Restricted Functions, it is not possible to configure LDAP integration on OnDemand instances, you'd need to use the Standalone version of JIRA and Confluence to do that.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

2 votes
Jesse Houwing May 4, 2014

With Active Directory Federation Services and Azure AD, this would be an ideal option to federate into the cloud. Addign support for it shouldn't be hard if you guys allow OpenID. Anyone tried one of these options?

0 votes
Fabio Martignago May 23, 2013

@Harry Chan

thanks , I'm going to read the offer

0 votes
Fabio Martignago May 23, 2013

@Stylus Pilot, yesterday I tried Crowd locally but the problem is in the "ondemand" confluence instance, which doesn't permit any kind of user directory configuration.

0 votes
Fabio Martignago May 21, 2013

yes, I just have confluence hosted locally, but I want move to cloud...

0 votes
Stylus Pilot May 21, 2013

same here, looking at managing a few less systems so we can improve uptime.

---

So with Crowd could run Crowd locally and users authenticate against it, and then pass the credentials onto Confluence in the cloud?

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

You wouldn't be able to do that for OnDemand.

--------------------------------

We @ Cloud Shards do Atlassian Hosting. Would be interested in providing a custom solution to host all your Atlassian products (the download versions with support in a Cloud infrastructure or dedicated servers if you prefer) and allow you connect to your internal LDAP instance if required.

Contact us @ https:///www.cloudshards.com/contact.php if you need a working hosted Atlassian tool set including Crowd etc.

0 votes
Stylus Pilot May 21, 2013

dam, we were looking at confluence on demand untill I found out no AD SSO :(

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

The best way would be a download instance hosted locally or by a 3rd party vendor if you need this. Crowd would work.

0 votes
Fabio Martignago May 9, 2013

is it a (ondemand) feature that yu are working out?

I believe a lot of yours customers want it!

thx

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events