Access to Add-ons for users without administrator rights

Robert Strzecha August 9, 2017

Hi Guys,

In our corporation, we have JIRA Server 10k+. Version 7.3.8.

Our supplier is developing for us plugins to speed up our production. These are placed in JIRA ADMINISTRATION Panel -> Add-ons.
For some reason, access to these Add-ons must be shared with normal users without administration rights. Is any chance to grant permission for a group of users (without administration rights) only for this part of Administrator panel and exclude them from Application, Projects, Issues, User Management and especially System.

I can add that these add-ons are custom-made and were developed for our company, additionally, there is no configure button as there is for add-ons supported by Atlassian

Any idea how to solve this problem? Any support will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Robert

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2017

Where the add-ons appear and who can get to them is coded into the add-on.  Yours are saying "JIRA, this part of my interface is an admin thing, and I can only be run by admins". 

You should be able to change the code so that they announce themselves in a relevant place for non-admins, and expose the non-admin functions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events