Access JIRA status from javascript

We are in a process of migrating from internal JIRA/Confluence server to the cloud. The problem is that some projects stay in internal JIRA and I was used to watch their progress in Confluence via macro. Cloud confluence cannot access internal JIRA so it stopped working. My process is ruined and I am seeking how to ressurect it.

I realized that there is REST API. I wonder if this theory can work:

1. write new macro for cloud confluence
  2. it would generate javascript that calls internal JIRA REST interface
  3. I would just query the status of selected issues
  4. it would be run locally in a browser within our VPN
  5. I am logged in to the internal JIRA so the REST can utilize my authentication

Is it achievable? The points 2-4 are IMHO doable. I read some topics about authentication so I worry of the last point. And of course I have no idea about point 1 possibilities in managed cloud. Thanks.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published 12 hours ago in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

159 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you