Hi,
I am the Scrummaster for 5 Scrum teams. I want to be able to create tab groups within my browser with absolute links to JIRA agile items (taskboards primarily) for each of my SCRUM teams. I can't do this currently because JIRA agile uses relative links, remembering the last team I visited in the taskboard dropdown. Is there a way to create an absolute link to taskboards? Regular JIRA items (e.g. bugs) have absolute links which is handy since if you share the URL you know exactly waht it is going to.

Thank you,
Peter Denniston
Senior PM
Apptio

2 answers

0 vote
Timothy Chin Community Champion Oct 07, 2013

Each board has an ID. You can find the ID by hovering over the links in the Manage Boards section (e.g. https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=143&useStoredSettings=true).

Thank you for the quick response! I see the manage boards option in the example you provided and the absolute links. Unfortunately the version of JIRA/GreenHopper we're using ( (JIRA v4.4.5#665-sha1:422aead) & GreenHopper (v5.8.7) ) doesn't provide a manage boards option.

Is there a way to get absolute URLs to taskboards from the older release? It may be a while before we can upgrade to the newer version as our company is blocked from upgrading by some other unrelated issues (filed separately by our IT department).

Thank you,
Peter

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Agility Beta

We've moved!

A note to all watchers that we've moved to a new community home... https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agility/ct-p/agility Please update your notification subscriptions to keep across the ...

22 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you