Absolute URLs

Peter Denniston October 7, 2013

Hi,
I am the Scrummaster for 5 Scrum teams. I want to be able to create tab groups within my browser with absolute links to JIRA agile items (taskboards primarily) for each of my SCRUM teams. I can't do this currently because JIRA agile uses relative links, remembering the last team I visited in the taskboard dropdown. Is there a way to create an absolute link to taskboards? Regular JIRA items (e.g. bugs) have absolute links which is handy since if you share the URL you know exactly waht it is going to.

Thank you,
Peter Denniston
Senior PM
Apptio

2 answers

0 votes
Peter Denniston October 7, 2013

Thank you for the quick response! I see the manage boards option in the example you provided and the absolute links. Unfortunately the version of JIRA/GreenHopper we're using ( (JIRA v4.4.5#665-sha1:422aead) & GreenHopper (v5.8.7) ) doesn't provide a manage boards option.

Is there a way to get absolute URLs to taskboards from the older release? It may be a while before we can upgrade to the newer version as our company is blocked from upgrading by some other unrelated issues (filed separately by our IT department).

Thank you,
Peter

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2013

Each board has an ID. You can find the ID by hovering over the links in the Manage Boards section (e.g. https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=143&useStoredSettings=true).

Suggest an answer