Able to add LDAP to a standalone migrated from On demand version

Brian Walton April 8, 2013

After doing a test migration from the on demand version I am unable to configure the new LDAP connection. Is this poossible? This is a road block on our migrating from the on demand version. Is there a way to configure LDAP after a migtration from the ondemand version without the user interface.

2 answers

2 votes
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2013

Hey Brian, since you migrated from OnDemand did you login using the sysadmin account? As there's some of the administration configuration only limited to the system administrator.

If the backup was generated from the backup manager, the system administrator password would be revert to:

• Username: sysadmin
  • Password: sysadmin
Madhav May 1, 2013

Yes I contacted support and they gave me that information. Thanks for the information also.

Brian

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2013

Hi Brian!

These are the steps to connect your LDAP with Jira: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA052/Connecting+to+an+LDAP+Directory

Is there any specific step you are locked on? Also, could you check in your jira logs (atlassian-jira.log) which error occurs when you try to sync?

Cheers!

Brian Walton April 8, 2013

Yes after migrating the Directories option under the Users in administration does not show up. I have no way to configure the LDAP with the interface.

Brian Walton April 9, 2013

When I try the g+g+ <type directories>, I get "No Matches". I am running a new install of 5.2.10 but imported a 6.0mX backup from the Ondemand version. I know how to configure the LDAP on a complete new install but the option does not seem available if you import a backup from the ondemand version.

Thanks.

Brian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events