Ability to restrict moving priority or rank of issues?

Currently we have a lot of stories within a project and we use rapid boards to order them and see which one we shoudl work on first. Is there any way for us to prevent our developers from moving the rank or priority of the issues in the rapid boards but keep their ability to update and edit issues as normal?

Whether by permissions or some configurations on the board?

please let me know if more information is needed

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi Pan,

The "Schedule Issues" permission is responsible for providing a user the ability to rank an issue in GreenHopper, so you need to configure the Permission Scheme to revoke this permission to your developers.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the answer!

I wish that the help text for schedule issues would've been more helpful and mentioned rank as well

Good point, Pan. As a matter of fact, there's an improvement request regarding the subject already being tracked at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-30884 . You may want to vote for it, add comments and/or add yourself as a watcher to keep track of its progress.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted yesterday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

59 views 2 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot