A question to Atlassian sales department

Vasyl Boroviak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2013

Why do you advertise the Atlassian Marketplace to OnDemand customers?

The plugins there can't be installed to OnDemand JIRA instances (yet?). However, I am being sent weekly/fortnightly emails like this one. I know there is a one click unsubscribe link. Still this is annoying.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vasyl Boroviak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2013

Ok. I assume this is the sales guys mistake.

1 vote
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2013

Hi Vasyl,

I agree this isn't the best solution given that AOD customers cannot currently install plugins so I will raise this internally. However, it is worth mentioning that we are working to implement a solution to allow AOD customers to install plugins from the Marketplace into their instances, called Atlassian Connect, and as far as I'm aware that project is now maturing well so hopefully soon AOD customers will be able to install plugins and these emails will become mroe relevant to you in future. That isn't to say that the current marketing emails aren't poorly targeted, just that Atlassian Connect is something that it's worth being aware of because once it comes to fruition those emails would make more sense.

All the best,
John

Vasyl Boroviak
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2013

Looking at the Atlassian Connect description I see that the plugins being advertised to OnDemand users won't work even after the Atlassian Connect release. Am I wrong here?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events