A couple questions

Jeremiah Jones February 11, 2016

Hello,

I'm excited to continue evaluating BigPicture JIRA add on. 
Couple of questions that I have so far: 
1. Is there a way to adjust column width? Example: Summary, Status field are all truncated.
2. I imported and epic and issues underneath that epic for evaluation. I noticed that there is a project task that showed up on the board called 'Web'. This is our main project. I would like to delete this row.. I noticed that I can delete this row using the 'x' icon. Will this delete the actual project?? 
3. What is artificial task? 
4. I noticed there is a triangle icon for a task. What does that do? 
5. I organized tasks under an epic. However sometimes when I tried to expand and collapse tasks it doesn't work.. There was nothing happened and the tasks were not collapsed.. What can be missing here? 
Thanks so much for your help!!

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2016
Hi,

1. Is there a way to adjust column width? Example: Summary, Status field are all truncated. See below.

Yes, in 2 ways. The first way is quick and temporary: simply move the mouse pointer around the edge of this column and drag and drop it to resize. Sometimes it is a bit tricky to see where the invisible line to drag is, but once you do it once, the next times are much easier. The second option is to go into the Perspective button above the Gantt and click Configuration. You can change the default size of each column there.
2. I imported and epic and issues underneath that epic for evaluation. I noticed that there is a project task that showed up on the board called 'Quid Web'. This is our main project. I would like to delete this row.. I noticed that I can delete this row using the 'x' icon. Will this delete the actual project??

It should not, but the recommended way of getting rid of you rprojects is to check off the "Synchronize project" setting and dragging the project WBS snchronizer (the same configuration tab, just a bit below) away.

3. What is artificial task?

It's a task that is not inside JIRA at all. It's only a visual bar on the Gantt, you can't assign it to anyone.

4. I noticed there is a triangle icon for a task. What does that do?

It's the progress slider. By default it's mapped to our "Progress" custom field, but you can also map it to Time Tracking. By moving this slider left and right using drag and drop you can quickly change the progress on a given task.

5. As you can see below I organized tasks under an epic. However sometimes when I tried to expand and collapse tasks it doesn't work.. There was nothing happened and the tasks were not collapsed.. What can be missing here?

You're not missing anything, it's just a bug that will be fixed with the next update. Once it's out, a simple plugin update will make this problem go away.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events