404 error on successfull atlas-run command

Kivanc Tunc April 16, 2012

I get a 404 error on atlas-run command . It gives me the url http://[servername]:2998/jira but i get an 404 error . I restarted several times but no change . Does anyone have an idea ?

5 answers

2 votes
Kivanc Tunc May 6, 2012

It seemed to me it is kind of a momery problem . 4GB of ram was not enough for the java.exe s trying to compile and run the Jira enviroment (several plugins can not complete to run ).

I simply unistalled 64 bit Java SDK and RTE and installed 32 bit ones . Everything works fine now .

1 vote
Pavla Kurkova December 12, 2012

I get exactly the same error - atlas-run starts OK, but localhost:2990/jira returns 404.

My solution is restart JIRA:

1. type atlas-run
  2. after start check if it works in browser, if not, turn it down (with CTRL-D or CTRL-Z, depends on your system)
  3. type atlas-run again. The second time it works fine for me.

Actually I don`t understand the reason of this behaviour, but I hope the double-start helps you.

1 vote
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2012
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2012

Hi, usually a 404 Error is for unexisting URL. Are you sure is not what Mizan said?

0 votes
Alok kumar Singh May 6, 2012

I am running 32-bit windows machine(XP) with 4GB ram. The java I have installed is also 32 bit ones. It was working when i created custom field plugin.

0 votes
Alok kumar Singh May 6, 2012

I am creating a workflow validator plugin and I am getting the same error when I do the atlas-run. Though it shows the successfull start of the jira server.

Suggest an answer