cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • (1) Is there any documentation (or even just a schema) for the exported XML? (2) Is it possible to do a batch export of the "storage format" instead?

(1) Is there any documentation (or even just a schema) for the exported XML? (2) Is it possible to do a batch export of the "storage format" instead?

Tony Santangelo September 13, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Exporting Confluence Pages and Spaces to XML

(1) Is there any documentation (or even just a schema) for the exported XML? (2) Is it possible to do a batch export of the "storage format" instead?

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2016

There is no published schema. Macros storage format is published on each macro page, but standard page formatting is not published.

The XML export is the storage format. You can also get this using the remote REST API. https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-server-rest-api

Tony Santangelo September 13, 2016

Thanks, Steven! I'll look into what I can do with the API.

In the meantime, do be aware that the XML export does not give you a clean copy of the storage format: the XML export contains all the versions of the page, lots of metadata, and a lot of indirection (to fish out the actual content of the latest version of a single page, I needed half a page of XQuery).

Another thing: the XML export puts all the content into CDATA sections (which are, moreover, malformed: they close with ]] > instead of ]]>).

The exported XML just doesn't seem suitable for further processing with XML tools. And that, if I can't find a workaround, is very likely to be a show-stopper for us.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events