planned delivery date of an issue vs. actual delivery date of the issue

Sigridur Harpa Hannesdottir October 28, 2019

Hi. 

We have two custom fields, Planned delivery date and Actual delivery date that are both date pickers.

Those two custom fields should be used in change requests. Planned delivery date is the date we plan on delivering the product and Actual delivery date is the (as the name indicates) the actual date we deliver the product.

I have created a filter so I can see the Change requests where the actual delivery date is at a later date than the planned delivery date.

I would like to display this information in a gadget on a dashboard, but I am not sure what gadget it would be best to use.. Would like to use something similar to "Recently Created Chart" but I am not seeing anything that I could use.

Could anyone help me?

Best regards

Sigga Harpa

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2019

Hi @Sigridur Harpa Hannesdottir

What do you need the dashboard to represent?

As your filter just shows those issues which are past their planned date - does it just need to be a list - such as as Filter Results?

Or are you trying to show different categories - as a Pie Chart might be a good option given it's more customisable than some of the bar charts?

Let me know what the need is and I'd be happy to help you find a gadget :)

Ste

Sigridur Harpa Hannesdottir November 4, 2019

Hi Stephen.

Thank you for your reply.

It would be great if I could display if the Actual delivery date in the request is at a later date than the planned delivery date - so that we can do something about those request.

I guess I could display this in a Filter result, but do you recommend something else? something more visual?

Best regards
Sigga Harpa

Sigridur Harpa Hannesdottir December 6, 2019

Hi, do you have any solution for me?

Best regards
Sigga Harpa

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2019

Hi @Sigridur Harpa Hannesdottir

Apologies for not responding - did you decide on a solution for this?

I do think the filter result is the simplest solution - you could filter just for those which have not met their planned date, giving a specific list of issues which need immediate action, for example?

Ste

Sigridur Harpa Hannesdottir January 2, 2020

Hi Stephen.

No have not found a solution. Will try the filter result, not seeing anything else that would work.

Thank you for your reply.

Best regards
Sigga Harpa

lerka bogl August 7, 2021

I know that it's an old thread, but have you found the solution?

Update: It's me again! I wanted to update my message because I do agree that it's a significant problem. Maybe that's the biggest problem that's come up lately. I'm very sorry for you, for not being able to find a solution to your problem. I think no one will actually be able to find the answer to that question. I recently found a company that until you let me down. Have you heard of the https://www.postsendungsverfolgung.com/de/dhl-sendungsverfolgung.html? If so, I'd like to know what you think of them. Of course, no one is perfect. But already in time, I will realize if they deserve to use their services further. Will wait for your response. Have a great day!

Sigridur Harpa Hannesdottir August 9, 2021

Hi. No never did find a solution.

Deepanshu Dhaulakhandi March 3, 2022

Hello @Sigridur Harpa Hannesdottir , we are capturing Actual dates using Jira automation and pulling that data in eazyBI to compare Planned and Actual dates. I hope this help.Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 10.13.18 AM.png

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer