confluence 6.3 user click People then Oops-an error has occurred

xingmiao August 17, 2017

My confluence server is confluence5.1 update 6.3 .There is a lot of data in my server 5.1. After update the server ,I signed in. I click the people on the page.But It  is error.

error1.pngerror2.pngThank you very much!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2017

We ended up discovering two database related issues that were preventing the upgrade from completing. The two issues we ran into were 1) duplicate users in the database and 2) content associated with users that were not in the database.

After cleaning up the database with SQL queries, we ran the userIndexingUpgradeTask from

<base_URL>admin/do-force-upgrade.action

For your production upgrade you plan to clean up the database ahead of time so the upgrade task will run with the rest of the upgrade, rather than manually afterward with the admin/do-force-upgrade.action.

0 votes
Thang Nguyen August 7, 2019

Please update info if bug fixed.

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2017

Hello Mengxing,

Can you please first try reindexing Confluence and let us know if you still have the error?

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

xingmiao August 21, 2017

yes,I reindexed confluence .But it has the error still.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 22, 2017

Thanks Mengxing!

I'll need some logs from you so I am going to go ahead and create a ticket in our support system. Check your email in a few minutes. :)

Kind Regards,
Shannon

xingmiao September 29, 2017

I am so sorry that I install  confluence 5.1 then update to 6.3 ,but failed .So I don't give logs to you. When I update to 6.3 ,and the confluence start . But it can't start .The page show error.

xingmiao September 30, 2017

Today , I update  confluence from 5.1.3 to 6.4.0 ,clicking the people that error reappeared. I don't know that my server have 4 user directory , remote from jira , 2 ldap , confluence Internal Directory. Some user belong to group jira-users , alse belong to group confluence-users. I reindex that log have error .I will send a email to you.Please help me that what to do .

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 2, 2017

Hi Mengxing,

I received the logs from your colleague in the case we created. I'll follow-up with you there, and we can post the ultimate resolution here, okay?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events