can the service desk customer portal be linked to *both* a knowledgebase and confluence questions?

Chris Chris October 8, 2013

It'd be great to link not just to howto's, but also FAQs.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
john
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2013

Not currently. You can link JIRA Service desk and Confluence knowledgebase, but Confluence Questions is separate. Confluence Questions is still in its beta period so additional features and integrations will be added for the final product.

0 votes
BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2013

Great idea! I've filed a ticket for you at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-35

0 votes
Chris Chris October 8, 2013

Sure Matt.

The customer portal is awesome, in that i can ask a question and it pops up How To's or Troubleshooting guides, but a lot of teh knowledge is in the new Confluence Questions module that you just rolled out. I ask questions there all the time, and people answer. Lots of people have the same question as me. Rather than direct users to two different places -- Customer portal and questions, direct them to one and have it search both.

I.e. if someone has a question on how to combine the contents of two lists on python, there may not be a "knowledge base wiki" article on that, but someone likely answered that on Questions. In fact, the knowlegebase itself on the wiki has a place to post frequently asked questions, but it'd be awesome to have that populate with the most frequently asked questions :)

0 votes
Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2013

Chris, we'd love to learn more about your specific use case and what you'd expect from such an integration. If you could elaborate on how you'd expect the three to work together that would be awesome.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events