can a user prevent the admin from seeing a space? this is ondemand

Peg Schafer August 28, 2014

I have a user that says he has a space. I am loged in as admin and I cannot see the space.

It is not in any drop down - I can see it on the "space permissions" page, I allow myself access to it and it is still not viewable by the admin account. Any clue?

2 answers

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2014

Hi Peg,

You will need to configure the space permission so you can view and manage that space. Since you are admin, just grant you all the permissions (View All, Add/Restrict/Delete Page, Add/Delete Blog/Comment/Attachments).

Hope this answers your question. :)

Cheers!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2014

Yes and no.

To see a space, your account must have the right to browse the space. An administrator does NOT get that right automatically as part of their admin rights (Admins can see/do everything is a dreadful design failure), thye have to be granted that right, just like any other user.

They DO get the right to see the space as part of the list of spaces they may need to administrate though.

In other words, check the space permissions. You'll find your admin account does not match the "browse" rights.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events