are 15h for space removal in confluence 5.10 normal?

Mark Oliver Utz July 23, 2017

We are just transfering our cloud Confluence to a internal Server ... and trying to delete a space once it was imported to get a newer space-version in ... but deleting the space takes more than 15h.

Is that normal or can we speed that up? 

(The import took only 10 Minutes, by the way .. and there are not more than 300pages + about 300mb attachments)

Some idears?

best regards

Mark

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2017

For 300 pages and 300Mb attachments, I'd expect the delete to take a few minutes.

I'm not sure there's a way to speed it up without a good look into the internals to see why it's taking so long.  Does the log show warnings or errors duingthe delete?

Mark Oliver Utz July 23, 2017

oh yes ... there are some errors. Seems as the import from the cloud space makes problems.

Is there a way to "cleanup" the imported space?

best regards

Mark

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2017

Depends on the errors. 

Might be good to export the space from your server, and re-import it.  Exported XML shouldn't carry over the junk from Cloud.

Mark Oliver Utz July 26, 2017

Exporting is not the problem, but to import the space i have to delete the space bevore, don`t i?

but deleting the Space is what i`m having problems with :)

grafik.png

Any further ideas about that?

best regards

mark

it`s getting worstgrafik.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2017

There is either a massive amount of data in that space, or there is something wrong with your Confluence.

What warnings or errors is the log showing?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2017

Ok, have you tried the things suggested in those links?

i am still on it :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events