are 15h for space removal in confluence 5.10 normal?

We are just transfering our cloud Confluence to a internal Server ... and trying to delete a space once it was imported to get a newer space-version in ... but deleting the space takes more than 15h.

Is that normal or can we speed that up? 

(The import took only 10 Minutes, by the way .. and there are not more than 300pages + about 300mb attachments)

Some idears?

best regards

Mark

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

For 300 pages and 300Mb attachments, I'd expect the delete to take a few minutes.

I'm not sure there's a way to speed it up without a good look into the internals to see why it's taking so long.  Does the log show warnings or errors duingthe delete?

oh yes ... there are some errors. Seems as the import from the cloud space makes problems.

Is there a way to "cleanup" the imported space?

best regards

Mark

Depends on the errors. 

Might be good to export the space from your server, and re-import it.  Exported XML shouldn't carry over the junk from Cloud.

Exporting is not the problem, but to import the space i have to delete the space bevore, don`t i?

but deleting the Space is what i`m having problems with :)

grafik.png

Any further ideas about that?

best regards

mark

it`s getting worstgrafik.png

There is either a massive amount of data in that space, or there is something wrong with your Confluence.

What warnings or errors is the log showing?

Ok, have you tried the things suggested in those links?

i am still on it :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

200 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you