Who is watching topics in Confluence Questions?

Gry Jansen May 4, 2014

Is there a way to see who is watching which topic in Confluence Questions?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
john
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2014

Hello Gry,

Yes, on the side of every topic page you will see a list of the people watching that topic with their profile pictures and the total number of watchers. If you're not seeing this - then you need to upgrade to the latest version of Confluence Questions, which you can do at Marketplace.

Hope that helps.

BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2014

It was added in 1.0.387 on Mar 05.

Man Che March 15, 2016

It can only listed 12 watchers(I guess space limit) there and number of watchers is 39.

How can I see the list of all 39 watchers?

Like Gurce Isikyildiz likes this
Man Che March 15, 2016

Topic watcher.jpg

Anant Kumar October 19, 2016

To list all the watchers of Questions, is the no of watchers of the space. There is no seperate list of "Questions" watchers.

Hope this make sense.

Gurce Isikyildiz April 10, 2019

I had the same follow-on question as Man Che.

When you visit the topic page, it gives you a total tally of watchers (E.g., "WATCHERS (39)"), but it only displays the graphical avatars of the first 12 watchers.

This to me is an oversight/shortcoming worth highlighting.

It's also quite cumbersome to have to hover the mouse over each avatar to figure out the names of each person (particularly if they have a default avatar logo).

So I feel it's definitely worth putting the matter on your radars in consideration for fixing/improving in some manner.

Perhaps a link to the complete textual list of names of all watchers of the topic?

In the interim, I learnt more about your rest api and figured out I can retrieve the list via this url (replacing <topicid> token below with the topicid you want to assess):

http://your.confluence.host/rest/questions/1.0/topic/<topicid>/watch

Figured this out via the documentation links below:

Is it possible to select fields via the confluence REST api? I tried something like the following:

http://your.confluence.host/rest/questions/1.0/topic/<topicid>/watch?fields=fullName

...with the hope that it would retrieve just the fullName field, but it just returned all the fields.

Anyways, I'm content with this workaround for now, just wanted to provide further feedback to you, all the same.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events