Using Confluence for Web Site Content Development

Peggy Schoen July 17, 2017

We were hoping to use Confluence as a wiki for building out the content for our new website. I have previously used the wiki functionality in Microsoft Sharepoint for this purpose. To be clear, we do NOT want to be setting up folders with documents. Instead, I'd like to be able to do what I did in Sharepoint, which is to dyanmically create the content by starting with an outline on a page and then creating pages simply by highlighting a section and creating a new page. Does Confluence work this way or do I have to create each page separately and THEN link it into an organizing page?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2017

Hello Peggy,

You will be able to use Confluence to create an outline. However, there's no functionality currently to create a page from a selection. You will need to manually create the page, and paste or enter the content manually.

I did find a feature request that may interest you:

- CONFSERVER-32499

This would allow you to create a page based on text you have selected. Please watch the case and vote on it to show your support for the implementation of such a feature!

Let us know if you have any questions about this.

Kind Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events