Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Confluence from 5.10.4 to 6.2.1

Ernie Jennings August 1, 2017

Upgrading Confluence Test server on Windows Server 2012. 

I cannot access the site through the web browser.  I get a this site can't be reached. Has anyone else had issues while upgrading to from version 5 to version 6?

Also a novice to Confluence, I don't totally understand the "Upgrading configuration files after upgrading" and the re-apply any modifications. To me it's very vague. The instructions need to be more detailed. It states reapply and additions. What additions?

If someone could help a struggling Confluence user, I would great appreciate it. Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2017

To answer the second part of the question (because Lars has got the first half spot on already):

>Also a novice to Confluence, I don't totally understand the "Upgrading configuration files after upgrading"

It can't list any hacks you've made to your config, as it's your system.  If you have not changed any of the config, you installed Confluence off-the-shelf, then you have nothing to do here.  If you have made changes, you will need to validate them all (still needed?  Right format for new version, etc) and re-apply the ones you do decide you need.  The docs can't guess at what you might do!

(Frankly, most of us change the Tomcat connector to allow for a proxy and fiddle with the memory and logging a bit.  Nothing huge)

Ernie Jennings August 16, 2017

Thanks

0 votes
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2017

What does the log say?

-Lars

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events