Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view published page

Mandia May 9, 2018

I am trying to view a page in the published space and I get the attached error message.InkedScreen Shot 2018-05-09 at 1.44.05 PM_LI.jpg

1 answer

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2018

This is because of your Comala workflow, it's not configured quite right for your account.

This explanation needs to start with how Confluence works, so we can understand what Comala adds to it.  In Confluence, you create a page, which becomes immediately available to the users (assuming they have the right permission to see the space, and the page does not restrict them).  Each time you edit it thereafter, you get a new version, which is also available as soon as you save it.  So, during normal usage, your users will see version 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and so-on.

Comala adds a workflow on top of this that is capable of hiding revisions, and only "publishing" specific versions.  So while you might edit 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc, you have to tell it when to publish, and your user will only see them, so they might only see version 2 and then 5 (as you believe 1, 3 and 4 are working drafts, not for public consumption)

So.  The error you are seeing is coming from Comala and it is telling you two things.  First, you, as the end user have no right to see draft versions, and second, although there is a page there by that name, no-one has published any version of it.

You will need to talk to the space admins to see if you need additional permissions, or for them to find the owner of the page and get them to publish for you.

Marcos Sanchez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2019

You saved my day!.

Thank you!

Raj Chauhan December 9, 2020

Hi, i'm new to Comala and am also seeing this issue... Based on the explanation above, if i create new content, does it mean that i have to publish at least the 1st version so that any reviewers can see it in the first place to be able to approve it. In that case, do i just need to limit the audience whilst the page is being reviewed?

Raj

James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2020

Hi @Raj Chauhan 

Yes, you need to publish (create) the page so that your reviewers can see the content.

If you are using a 'Same-page publishing' workflow, by default only Space Admins and Page Editors can see the content. See https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/CDML/Publishing for more information about how Publishing works in Comala Document Management. 

If you need any more help getting started with Comala Document Management, please do not hesitate to contact our friendly support team at https://support.comalatech.com/

Kind regards

James
Senior Product Manager

Chris Anania October 19, 2023

This is happening to me too, but my scenario has to do with preexisting published pages when I activated Comala on my space. They are published, and I ran the initialization override to set them to active, but people are having problems accessing with the error described above. My current fix is to edit the page and reset to active, which is a pain. Other thoughts?

Like Christian Areas likes this
Christian Areas January 9, 2024

I'm having the same issue. We’re just rolling out our new workflow a few pages at a time, and moving it to the final state for each page is not ideal.

Is there anything we can do to the workflow to work around this? I tried making our initial state a final state, but you can only have one per workflow.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2024

Change the permissions so that the right people can see the right versions of the pages.

Thx, though that doesn't work for users who only have view access, and we don’t want to give those users edit access. I’m setting up a second workflow for existing pages and am going to experiment with triggers to the get the page to the published state when we initially add the workflow to existing pages. Will report back with results (if they’re positive 😅)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2024

So don't give them edit access, just let them have view.

The whole point of the publishing process is that view-only users only see the published articles.  If they could see everything, there's no point in having a publishing process.

Sure, but if a page is already published (for pages that have been around for a while) and we’re only just now starting the use workflows, we have to move an existing page to the final state to make it viewable.

See Chris’ comment above.

I think I've found a workaround.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events