Tooltip - more dynamic

Lindsey February 6, 2023

I have been looking for a way to hover over a word in my company's Confluence space that would then define the term. The idea is to ensure everyone understands this word to mean the same thing (lots of 'jargon' in our industry, leaves ample room for miscommunication). 

In searching, I found the Macro "Tooltip", which is close, but it requires adding them individually.

I am looking for something which would ping a created "dictionary". So a "tooltip" in the functionality of information display, but you only have to maintain 1 area instead of lots of different tooltips. 

Example: "PRN" is added and defined in a single location. Now, everywhere in our company's confluence space "PRN" is referenced, a hover-over appears defining the word. 

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2023

@Lindsey There is nothing really out there other than what you found in marketplace.  At the most recent teams conference Atlassian did announce Confluence's new AI feature that will provide users with institutional knowledge (terms) and do exactly what you want.  You should get on their early access and see if it will meet your needs.  https://www.atlassian.com/software/artificial-intelligence  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events