Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space permissions by organization?

Derek Chisholm January 15, 2019

I'm pretty new to Confluence and working wrapping my head around permissions and user access so bear with me and my ignorance.

I have a space that I'm creating as a knowledge base for employees at our company. I don't want to make publicly available for the wide internet but I don't want to add every person who needs access to the space as a paid user to Confluence either.

Is there a way to allow view access to a space for an unnamed group of internal users without making it available to anonymous users outside of the organization? I'm thinking similar to the Customer concept in Service Desk.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2019

Hi @Derek Chisholm,

Conf's permissions are divided into two parts: global and space.You can restrict the permissions of two types of users by using user groups.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/global-permissions-overview-724765488.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/space-permissions-overview-724764760.html

global.JPG

Derek Chisholm January 16, 2019

i Ollie,

Thanks for your response, it got me on the right track!

My goal was to give JSD customers access to a Confluence space without having to license them for Jira or Confluence while keeping it private.

Within the linked article Global Permissions Overview I found a link to a JSD article titled Serving customers with a knowledge base with details on knowledge base permissions.

I had to change the JSD project setting Knowledge base > Access > Viewing to "Everyone with access to your service desk can read articles without a Confluence license."

Capture.JPG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events