Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space disappeared

miguel_molina April 2, 2020

Hi I have a problem,

a confluence space has disappeared or been deleted, can I recover it?

And how do i get it back? 

Thanks for attentions

1 answer

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2020

Hi @miguel_molina 

This could have two reasons. 

1. You aren't allowed to see the space anymore. So someone has removed your permission to view it.
  2. The space was really deleted. 

Unfortunately, there's no easy way to restore a deleted space. For that, we recommend asking your Confluence Administrator to restore the most recent site backup so that you can retrieve the deleted space from there.

Regards, Dominic

miguel_molina April 2, 2020

Hi @Dominic Lagger

Thanks for the answer!

I believe it was deleted, to advance, i was wondering if you could provide me some matherial to how to perform this restoration? Or should i open a ticket to help me with this task or support?

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2020

Do you know whether you use confluence on server or on cloud? Normally, on every page at the bottom of the page is the confluence version. If there isn't any version, it should be cloud.

If you are on confluence cloud, the space is gone. (According the documentation)

Deleting a space is permanent! It doesn't go to the trash and you can't recover it.

If you are on confluence server, you should ask your confluence administrator. I've never done it on my own, but there's also a documentation for that (just for confluence server)

Regards, Dominic

Like miguel_molina likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events