Search in Confluence

Ola August 10, 2016

Is there some information available on what type of algorithm is used for out-of-the box Confluence search?

Moreover is there a way to improve the findability by managing synonyms, boosting and so on or can it be done only through custom developed add-on?

Thanks,

Ola

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2016

Confluence uses Lucene for its search engine. There is a feature request (CONF-9268) to add synonyms, but it has yet to be implemented. Feel free to up vote it. In the meantime you could create a user macro that has a body, but does not display the body. Thus, in edit mode you could enter synonyms manually and the page would be indexed with them, but it would not display on the page. This is not ideal as it requires you to do this for every page, but at the moment that is the best that can be done I believe.

Ola August 10, 2016

Thank you David! That answers my question and yes I voted for the feature request

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events