Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same workflow transition, different screens - How to?

Antonio Duarte October 23, 2014

Is it possible to define the screen that will be used in a particular workflow transition, based on the issue type that is "running" on this workflow?

I mean: if I create an issue of Type-A in a workflow, it must use a screen named Screen_X1, but if I create an issue of Type-B to run in this same workflow, It must use a screen named Screen_Y1.

So, how to define the screen to be used in a workflow transition, based on the issue created?

Thnx.

Antonio.

1 answer

2 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2014

I don't think this is possible.

Solution one would be to use two copies of that workflow and have each issue type associated to one of them. In different workflows you can use differnt screens.

Solution two could be that you use insead of one transition two transitions with a conditions that would allow to have only one transition button visible.

Antonio Duarte October 23, 2014

Hi, Udo, In fact, I just use your first solution, but I aim to decrease the number of "similar" workflows I have on my system (and that was the reason of my question). Your second solution works fine, but only after the initial transition, where the issue was created. In my situation, I want to use different screens also in the moment I create the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events