SSO With Conf, Jira and Crowd (shared credentials)

StevenM August 11, 2015

Hello,

I'm new to Atlassian so not totally sure how it's been setup here. We are using Crowd with JIRA and Confluence. and Google Apps IMAP for user authentication. 

What I'd like to setup is shared user authentication between Confluence and Jira. There is currently a working link between the two, as JIRA can pick-up pages under confluence. The problem is, users still have to login to JIRA and Confluence separately. 

Is there any way to achieve this without relying on Crowd for full authentication? I don't want to rely on Crowd for Google Apps authentication, for if it were to go down we'd lose access to email.

Thanks.

Steve

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2015

Hey Steve,

So you could share the authentication between Confluence and Jira, you need to enable the SSO in both applications:

Note: Click on the link so you could gather more information about what you need to edit.

I'm not sure if you already did this, so it would be nice if you could give more information about what you already did to enable the SSO.

Kind regards,

Guilherme Viana

Atlassian Support 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events