Return Sprint name from Jira Issue/Filter and list sprints in a given project

Sheila Shah July 31, 2014

Hi - I'm using Jira and Confluence cloud. How do I get the sprint name to display in confluence for a jira issue/filter in confluence. When I add the Sprint in display options, it is always null.

Ultimately I am trying to display a table that lists sprints for a given project, with the total number of issues in the sprint, number of open and number of closed issues in the sprint and a due date. Is that even possible.

3 answers

0 votes
Edwin Stol January 25, 2021

Hi - I encountered the same on some cloud instances of clients from us and after discussion with Atlassian, the following bug was raised:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-71474

The mentioned work-around might help for you. In addition; feel free to vote/watch on the ticket.

0 votes
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2014

Sheila, it looks like you've stumbled onto a bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-35182 - you can workaround this problem by using the filter macro instead of the JIRA Issue/Filter Macro.

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2014

Hi Sheila,

You will have to go through all the Agile Macros available to see if one fits your needs.

To do that, "Edit" the page you need, click on the "Insert More Content" button and then "Other Macros". Just type "agile" and they will appear.

Please let us know if you found the one.

Cheers!

Sheila Shah July 31, 2014

Thanks. The other question: How do I get the sprint name to actually display in confluence for a jira issue/filter in confluence. I see it as a column to add in Display Options of the Issue/Filter but when I add it, it always displays null (there's no data in the column). I also verified I'm not filtering out anything that would cause this to be null.

Tony Laycock September 16, 2014

I'm having the same problem as Sheila. When I choose to display Sprint column in a Jira Issue macro table, it is always blank. If I use the same filter in Jira it displays correctly. If the only workaround that can be suggested is to look for a different macro that works correctly then I guess I should raise a bug report. Unless anyone knows of one that is already raised that I can watch?

Louis Hallee October 2, 2014

Same issue here. I could not find a way to display the Sprint names. This was raised back in 2012 and still no resolution.

Tony Laycock October 2, 2014

Do you have the bug reference please Louis? I'd like to watch and perhaps vote for it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events