Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirection from confluence.domain.com to confluence.domain.com:8090 is not working.

Esupport March 7, 2017

Hi All!

Can someone help? We have a windows server that handle all our redirection request for our company. For confluence, we want to setup where when a user type in confluence.domain.com, it'll redirect to confluence.domain.com:8090. but it's not working? It keep giving us a rejection error. It works if we have it setup to redirect to IPADDRESS:8090 but not the name? No idea what we are missing as we have that window server handle redirection before on other webpages and it works with no issue. Not sure why it's not working here. Any help will be greatly appreciated! 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2017

A rejection error suggests that you have not got the root domain correctly set in your DNS.  If ipaddress works, but name doesn't, then it's not resolving correctly.

I wouldn't use redirects to do this though, I'd use a proxy.

Esupport March 7, 2017

Thank you for responding Nic! That's the thing though. In DNS, we have confluence pointing to the redirection server that handle the request to translate into confluence.domain.com:8090 but it's not doing that. If we change the script to point to IPADDRESS.domain.com:8090 it'll work. It's almost like the server is rejecting the other name?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2017

All I can say is that there is something in your networking that is not aware of the redirection.

Confluence itself does not care, although I'd want to check that you have the right base-url set - it's on confluence.domain.com ?  No port.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events