Questions for Confluence Plugin: a few questions? Topics, experts and closing

MadelineBarr April 20, 2016

Hi,

We are evaluating the Questions for Confluence plugin on our hosted Confluence server.

Questions for Confluence support: server vs plugin

First, I'm finding it difficult to find answers because I have to sift through people's questions for Confluence (the server) to find answers about the plugin. There's people's "questions for Confluence" the server and people's "Question for Confluence" the plugin. I want answers for the plugin.

My questions about the plugin (ver 2.4.11)

Anyway, I have the following questions for the Questions for Confluence plugin:

1. Is there anyway for an admin to 'close' a question? As in, not allow anyone else to add an answer. On some questions we would like the ability to make sure the correct answer is selected by our experts and then not allow any more actions on the question. My guess is 'no' and we just have to have the experts accept the correct answer and then watch the question for any changes.
  2. Can we preset a few experts? We would like to start off some users with a set amount of points. Again, my guess is the answer is 'no', in which case we have them populate some questions and answers so they can 'earn' the points.
  3. Topics. This is the question I'm most interested in. Can we restrict which users can create topics? I believe I saw in another question that the answer is 'no'. So, if we create the topics we want, is there an option to turn off the create topic feature? Is there a module in the plugin I can disable?

I personally think it's not a bad thing for users to be able to create topics but perhaps only after earning some points. With everyone having the ability to create topics, I can see it quickly getting out of hand. If there is a good way of managing topics and random topic creation, I would be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks for your time.

3 answers

0 votes
Bren Lane January 18, 2017

I'm interested in all three questions as well.

0 votes
diconium August 11, 2016

Some news to this 3 points? We are also interested.

0 votes
Joe Lindsay June 22, 2016

Did you find any information on the third question?

I am also interested in if there is a way to manage the topic creation, and which topics are available at a space level.

1. To insure consistency
  2. So that people watching tags are correctly informed

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events