Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about conflunce right setting

wangjinming October 12, 2014

Hi,

I am new customer of conflunce product. I deployed this product but I was confused with the conflunce right setting.

There are a few departments/divisons in our company, therefore, for each of those departments/divisions I create a dedicated space. The documents stored in thoses spaces are visible only for the people in corresponding departments, that is reasonable. But, when I want to share the document to people outside the departments, that seems impossible even I explicitly assigned the right to individuals/organizations.

So, my question is, how can I share the documents to people who are not in my space?

Thanks for your answers in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Julia Wester [Wittified]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2014

If you are restricting access to a space to a certain set of people then you will not be able to ADD visibility to different users on the page level. If you would like to share content from a restricted space, you'd have to do something like:

• export to PDF and email that to said users
  • make permissions on your space less restrictive and lock things down at the page level as needed
  • Put shared content in a different space (you can use macros to ensure you don't have to maintain certain content in multiple places)

There are potentially other options, but just know that you can restrict further at a page level but you can't give more permissions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events