Open web based wiki Confluence Cloud site requiring login for public page on mobile devices.

Anthony Vallelonga November 22, 2021

We have an open web based wiki Confluence Cloud site that is randomly forcing mobile user to the login page. 

It just recently started happening and we're receiving numerous tickets because some users may not have a login, they simply need to view the wiki. Does anyone know if something change on the Confluence side that is now forcing users to login to view a public page?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2021

@Anthony Vallelonga 

Are these users using Chrome and logged into Chrome with their Google accounts?

Anthony Vallelonga November 25, 2021

@Brant Schroeder this could be possible, do you think this may cause the issue if they're connected to a different Conflunce instance?

If it helps this is the main way users access the wiki.

From within our app we provide a link/button to the wiki --> user clicks link/button --> app opens the device's browser.

From Android it's for sure opening Chrome.

We're still attempting to gather more information from the users with issue and will add this to our list of items to check. 

Thank you!
Anthony

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2021

@Anthony Vallelonga 

My guess is that this is the issue.  I have seen it before where users are logged into Chrome with their Google account and when they go to an Atlassian app it automatically tries to log them in or logs them in with the account that they have used elsewhere.  They then do not have access to that site while logged in and get an error.  I would suggest testing it out or working with a user to confirm.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events