Office word macro does not show contents when other page's docx file is connected

junghyeon December 3, 2020

Office word macro does not show contents when other page's docx file is connected.

Preview show the content correctly But after page update, the content does not show.

If the file is on same page, It works correctly.

Is it a bug of confluence?

My confluence is 7.9.1

2 answers

1 vote
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

Hi @junghyeon 

interesting thing - haven't heard about this yet. Is it on all pages and for every user? Does it also happen in same space or when the attachment is just in different spaces?

I can imagine that the problem could depend on restrictions. Did you check this out?

junghyeon January 12, 2021

Hi @Fabienne Gerhard 

Thank you for your reply.

Here is answer:

Is it on all pages and for every user?

- yes, all pages have same phenomena and for every user. 

Does it also happen in same space or when the attachment is just in different spaces?

- In my case, the documents are in same space but in other page. If it is in different space, I experienced same problem.

I can imagine that the problem could depend on restrictions. Did you check this out?

- There is no restriction. I can't show document even though I'm administrator. 

Here is sample:

In page, the document is loading but not finished.

image.png

In preview screen of office macro, the document show properly.

image.png

If the document is in same page, the contents are displayed on the screen properly.  

0 votes
junghyeon February 4, 2021

New version 7.11.0 also doesn't work.

I found the temporary solution from https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-60857?src=confmacro

I followed workaround 2 which is changing OfficeConnector-xx.jar to older version of 11.2.1.jar.

It works now for me!

New version of OfficeConnector later than 11.2.1 may have bug.

I hope confluence team fix it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events