Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New space just below Travel.

yoshihito nakagawa June 1, 2014

I could not add new confluence space just below Travel.
Should I have any authority to add new confluence space just below Travel? If so, how can I get the authority ?

4 answers

2 votes
Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2014

Hi @Kathleen James,
there is a way to create "subspaces".

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.communardo.confluence.plugins.subspace

This Plugins enables a hierachical structure of spaces. A "Sub-Space" is an own space for itself, but could be "under" an other space.

Kind regards
André

yoshihito nakagawa June 18, 2014

Thank you for introducing the plugins.

0 votes

Thanks to your great help, I could solve the probrem.

0 votes
Deleted user June 1, 2014

If you want your new space to appear just below Travel in the alphabetical list of spaces, you need to give it a name such as 'Trunk' or 'Tree' (in other words, keep the names alphabetical).

If you're asking about creating a sub-space within the Travel space, that's not possible. Confluence only allows you to have a single hierarchy of spaces. If you really need a subspace, you can "fake" it by using the Documentation theme [1] and arranging a hierarchy of pages within the Travel space.

[1] I can't remember if it's allowed in OnDemand, but any space administrator can change the theme of a space.

Deleted user June 2, 2014

That's cool, thanks for the link. But sadly, it doesn't work for OnDemand people.

yoshihito nakagawa June 3, 2014

Thanks for your useful advice.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2014

To create a space, you need to have the permission of "space creator".

Not sure what you mean by "below Travel" - that sounds like it's configuration in your system, which we don't know.

Thanks for your answer. How can I get the permission of "space creator" ?

It might be basic quesiton."Below travel" means top directory in Travel business.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2014

You'll need to ask your system administrators - they can tell you what group you need to be in to get "space create", and put you in it too.

I can't help you with the "below travel" - that's up to the config on your system.

Thank you very much. Let me ask my system administrators.

Thanks to your great help, I could solve the problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events