Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a way to develop an ingest form that allows drop down boxes

Brian L. Dietrich October 29, 2019

All,

I an brand new to Confluence. I was tasked with developing an ingest form that allows our customer to enter in requests to my team for action. 

I was asked to use drop down boxes to guide our customer with the ingest information. I cannot find a simple way in Confluence. The best guidance I have received so far is ti use Excel and import it into Confluence, but that has proven to be clunky and not an Enterprise level method. I am ready to abandon Confluence and go to SharePoint. Is there any guidance you folks might have?

Also, the Confluence rep is asking for my SEN for Forms number. How do I find that?

Thank you,

Brian 

bdietrich@micron.com

1 answer

0 votes
Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2019

The SEN number is the license number so if you are the billing or technical administrator you should find it here: https://my.atlassian.com/

As for forms, that is most likely referencing a plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=forms

Forms is not a standard component of confluence but from what you have stated it sounds as if you have expanded the functionality. We need to know more though to assist you. 

Another thing that you might want to look at though if you are going to start working with customer input is jira service desk which is much more suitable for customer input.  

Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2019

Also the forum you have posted in is "questions for confluence" which is a plugin, i am guessing that this is not the case if you could verify that this is a question for the  standard confluence application then we can move this issue to the correct forum. 

Brian L. Dietrich October 29, 2019

Thank you for your reply. I took a look, but it seems you have to buy this form. I need to check with my team to see if we have a license that includes this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events