Missing the preview

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2014

Hello, with the new "answers.atlassian" on Confluence I am missing the preview. It was quite helpful. 

4 answers

0 votes
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2014

You see, the comment field does not have a preview, and there is no WYSIWYG editor. And furthermore, the author does not have yet the possibility to edit his comment.

BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2014

we're tracking the edit comments request at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CQ-265

BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2014

also, you should have WYSIWYG in comments although you won't see the editor toolbar if you're on a small screen / mobile device in order to save screen real estate.

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2014

No, I didn't use my mobile while posting the comment.

0 votes
BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2014

Thanks for raising this. I assume you're wanting this for previewing code snippets? We're tracking this request at CQ-1133.

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2014

In the referenced CQ-1133 there is mentioned [here|https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CQ-1133?focusedCommentId=631629&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-631629]: {quote} We didn't add one because the editor is WYSIWYG so the preview would look the same as what you already see in the editor.{quote} But what about the comment field: It is not WYSIWYG.

BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2014

Rich text comments is another feature we want to get to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CQ-458

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2014

Bill, I was mentioning about those two things in my feedback when I saw beta version of the CQ. That is why CQ-1133 was created. As you can see is it is pretty important feature to have it. I hope that the rest of the features reported in the beta phase will be also implemented soon. Mirek

0 votes
Branno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2014

Howdy Jose,

There is a ticket dealing with adding Preview functionality into Confluence Questions at CQ-1133. I recommend voting and commenting there, in addition you can watch it to see updates as they are occurring.

Cheers,
Stephen Brannen | Confluence Support

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2014

+1. The confluence code macro is horrific, it frequently misinterprets pastes containing new lines. You definitely need to preview before you commit that shizzle.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events