Linking in Confluence

Jeff Lorraine January 26, 2023

Working with Confluence in EDGE, I'm trying to create a file:// path to a server and exe file.  Once setup it opens windows explorer to the folder where the file resides, rather than presenting the EDGE based option to download the individual file.  The same steps performed in EDGE but NOT in Confluence displays the prompt properly, so the issue seems to be specific to the way Confluence allows links to be created.

What convention should I use (without a web server) so that the user is prompted for the individual file downloads?

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2023
Jeff Lorraine January 29, 2023

I had seen that, though the difference is that I can successfully link a file:// path in EDGE while not inside Confluence.  Only in Confluence will I receive windows explorer which displays the entire contents of the folder rather than allowing the retrieval of the file which was linked to.

The issue is with Confluence vs EDGE.  If I place Confluence in EDGE IE Mode then I get an acceptable result.... however making this change is moving backwards technically, and not feasible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events