Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JIRA macro on Confluence page won't load when published

I've been using JIRA macros to better manage tickets in Confluence tables. This week (June 21, 2021) I've noticed load times so extremely slow that frequently the macro either takes a long time loading or simply won't load at all after I've published my page.

I've tried refining the filter query to reduce the amount of data it's trying to work with. That helped for a little while, but then the slow-load/no-load issue returned.

I also tried to split my original page that had two macros into separate pages with one micro each, but that seemed to make no difference at all.

Is there something going on to cause this? I haven't experienced this issue before (at least not to the degree where it completely blocks my work.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Conclusion:
Using the Table Toolkit to nest JIRA < Table Filter < Pivot Table can cause problems.

I removed the Table Toolkit macro and did all my filtering via query when adding the JIRA macro. Then I nested that only into a Pivot Table macro. It loaded just fine.

The Table Toolkit macro may need a little love.

Hi @Megan Meyer ,

The Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app is our addon and we don't register any load issues from our customers.

Please raise a support ticket here - we'll investigate your case, because the Jira Issues < Table Filter < Pivot Table nesting is a common one and it shouldn't cause any problems.

0 votes
G subramanyam Community Leader Jun 22, 2021

Hi @Megan Meyer welcome to the Atlassian community.

I believe one of the following activities might be the cause for the load time, which I would request to check with your internal IT team or confluence admin team:

• Is their any tools outage or cleanup activity carried out or notified?
  • Is your organization planned for any Jira migration activities?
  • Are their any recent updates rolled out for an OS or an application or platform, that has an integration with Confluence?
  • Have you checked any other macro and still facing the same issue.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Thanks!

• #1-3: I'll ask, but our ppl are usually pretty good about advanced notice about these kinds of things. That said, I might be the only person working with macros, so they may not have considered all ramifications.
  • #4: Other macros seem to be unaffected. However, I am pulling from a different project's tickets this time. The ones that work are mostly story tickets and my recent, dysfunctional macro is exclusively bug tickets. I'll try pulling from a third and see what happens.
  • The Table Filter macro uses SQL while filtering the query from a board in the JIRA macro uses JQL. I am using both at the same time. Is that problematic?
Like G subramanyam likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

⏰ Day in the life of a Jira Admin!

Hello Community! We thoroughly enjoyed this just-for-fun conversation in the Jira Admin Group about what it's like to be a Jira Admin. For #JiraJuly, our talented designers created these graphics t...

940 views 2 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you