JIRA Issue creation from Confluence

Matthew Hurley May 17, 2017

Is there an feature or solution that allows users to create JIRA issue(s) from Confluence without navigating the user away from Confluence?

My goal is to create a Meeting Notes Template/Blueprint and include a JIRA Issue creator option.

The best issue creator, IMO, appears to be creating issues via direct HTML links:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/Creating+Issues+via+direct+HTML+links

The downside is it navigates the user to JIRA. I realize you can right-click and open a new tab so you don't lose your spot in Confluence. Nevertheless, I'm trying to make this as slick and easy to use/adopt as possible.  Is there a solution that will keep the user in one location so they don't have to navigate between the tools or toggle between tabs?

3 answers

0 votes
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2017

Matthew, you can try Jirassimo IntakeForms viewer for your purpose

Best,

Vlad

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2017

Matthew, Nic is right. There is a video of what he is describing on this blog post:

5 ways to work with JIRA issues in Confluence

Thanks Ann!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2017

If you have the application links correct, then you can highlight lines or bullet points in Confluence, hover until the popup appears, then hit the JIRA logo - it'll turn each line or bullet into a JIRA issue, leaving the user in Confluence.

Thanks Nic. I appreciate it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events